The Alliance for Safe Kids, Inc. is hosting the fifth annual Save A Life Forum on Sunday, February, 8 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Yorktown Stage and the Yorktown Community Cultural Center located at 1974 Commerce Street, Yorktown, NY 10598.
Save A Life is a program designed to inform and empower high school students and adults to be community allies and first responders to support teens and families in crisis.
This year Save A Life Forum features:
- Screening of local documentary Whispering Spirits which tells the story of Justin Veatch, a talented musician who tragically died of a drug overdose at the age of seventeen. The film follows Jeffrey, Justin’s father, as his family grapples with their devastating loss while reconnecting with him through the music he left behind. The film will be followed by comments from Yorktown resident, Jeffrey Veatch.
- Interactive Workshops for high school students: Safe Dating Role Play, House Party Raids, Refusal Skills, Youth Mental Health, Alcohol Poisoning and Drug Abuse
- Interactive Workshops for adults: Youth Mental Health and Choices, a local documentary on substance abuse
- Interactive Informational Exhibits showcasing dozens of local organizations and resources including the Westchester County Driving Simulator and Crashed Car
- All Save A Life participants will be rewarded with the annual Taste of Yorktown experience: a room filled with signature dishes from 12 local restaurants and the opportunity to vote for their favorite.
Due to the generous support of the Yorktown Community this event will be FREE for all participants.
Limited Seating! High school students and adults may register online now at www.SaveALife2015.eventbrite.com Participants will receive program certificates for their resumes/portfolios and community service hours.
By devoting just one Sunday afternoon – a single afternoon of your life – you can take the first steps toward saving a friend.